Friday, November 30, 2007

Update

I guess this update is a bit for our faithful
viewers and even more so for us, since I
don't have anywhere else I am writing
this stuff down at the moment.

Abigail has 11 teeth and 1 swollen spot that
she's been bugging at for the last few days.
We figure #12 is on its way.

A little over 2 weeks ago she started telling
us when she had a poop in her diaper (uh-oh,
poop-poop) and has been showing quite a bit of
interest in the toilet at daycare (NOT at home).
She sees the other kids using it, so of course she
too must be in the mix of things. She also grabs
at her diaper and says UH-OH when it's wet about
75% of the time also. We'll see where this goes. We are
not pushing anything at this point.

These days she climbs EVERYTHING! If it even
sorta has a chance of being climbed up or climbed
upon she is there. We've had few heart stopping
moments, but for the most part she's being fairly
safe. (Notice I said fairly.)

As far as talking she chatters non-stop and is
even pretty understandable quite often, at least to us.
I know that I can't remember everything she says but
I am going to see if I can get some of her words written
down for future reference:
Momma, Mommy, Dadda, Daddy, Amy (her cousin),
Meuy (her auntie May), kitty, doggie, mokey (monkey),
mats (Max our cat), Loshi (Sophie our cat), juice, water,
baba (bottle), more, please, tank you (thank you),
cheese, apple, manana (banana), cacker (cracker),
duckie, NO, by see ya, I Luf You (I Love You), help me,
up, she also says about 15 - 20 words in Mandarin that
I don't know how to write, Mama - it means grandma
in Mandarin, I think (Boone's mom, said differently than
Momma for mom), Elmo (her new favorite thing), uh-oh,
all done, all gone, no more, bankie (blanket), wow-wee, boo,
hi, hello, she counts from 1 - 10 and says her abc's, noodo
(noodle), toes (toast), hot, cold, she likes to sing parts of her
favorite songs: twinkle, twinkle little star, no more monkeys
jumping on the bed, head and shoulders, knees and toes, the
chourus of old Mac Donald - E I E I O, and her all time favorite
much to my chagrin the Barney song - "I love you, you love me,
we a appy flamawe." Lila (one of the babies at daycare),
baby (all babies and her dollies too), ticko ticko
(tickle tickle, when she is tickling us.) ball, bush (short u
sound for toothbrush), wet, poon (spoon), birds, share, mine,
anything that tastes good is Num Num, trains are choo-choo,
cows are called moo, and she knows the sounds of about
four animals; dog, cat, monkey, cow.

I know there is more but this all I can remember off the
top of my head. We have her 18 month checkup in about
2 weeks so I'll update the other stuff then since I don't know
her current weight and height.

4 comments:

Cari said...

What a chatty little girl!! How sweet to have a noisy, happy home.

Shana said...

Wow, she's quite the talker! I wonder where she gets that from? ;)

Anonymous said...

Well I'd have to say Abigail is quite aheah of the game... daycare sure helps. Tonight Alyssa finaly signed "please", a big breakthrough for her. It helps with her seeing the kids at school signing.

SoozeSchmooze said...

I think she takes after Boone of course...that is why she is so chatty...or maybe it is her Auntie Mya..??? or it could be any of three others..including her Mom...Auntie Paula...or Auntie Amelia....hummmm or maybe it is the Grandma...perhaps she just comes by it honestly...as a purely Abigail thing??? but it really is impressive how much she has learned.....I think at this point you should make the decision to keep her...!!! :)