Sunday, January 16, 2011

I swear we are all alive. I have great plans to add pictures sometime in the very near future to the blog. Just need a bit of time without distractions. HA!

*~*~*

Abigail is now 4 1/2 years old and as busy as could be. She can write her first name with no help from us, though we are still working on those pesky lower case letters. She isn't in pre-school but she is doing a slew of pre-school activities at daycare and I have given them "homework" as she calls it to work on while she is there. (practice with letters and numbers among other things). I enrolled her in Kindergarten last week. I realized I wasn't feeling ready for that step yet...sniffle, but of course like all first steps they must be made. We are hoping to get an intra-district transfer so that she's at a school closer to daycare. There are days I can hardly believe the growth she's made. She is a very busy girl and we are working very hard at molding her very stubborn will to one that is pleasant to be around.

~*~*~

Treston is 21 1/2 months now and so full of curiosity. He is able to speak in complete simple sentences and when that doesn't convey his needs he is more than happy to screech and holler to get his point across. Needless to say we are working on that. He loves to tattle on his sister when she makes him mad. "sissy mean", "no mine", I want it", etc... He is into everything and has a love for anything noisy. He loves trains and dinosaurs right now with a passion. He is learning so many new words and songs. He has 4 - 5 Chinese songs he sings all the time as well as "twinkle twinkle little star" and"old mc donald" to name a few English ones. He loves to play outside and he loves to play with his "sissy". He has a very forgiving nature so far, which is good since Abigail is not always very nice to him. I keep reminding her he will get bigger and then she's gonna be in for a big surprise.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow!! I'm still filling out the packet to register Chloe and I can hardly believe that we will have kindergartners, not to mention the little boys following close behind! Looking forward to your photo update!

Lisa said...

Your kids are too cute, and so happy in these photos!