
On Monday this week this pigeon showed up in
our yard. It was obvious from the start that
this was no 'Wild' bird. I put a call into our friend
who is a pigeon guy and he said not to worry it
would leave after it rested. Not so much! We
had many adventures with the pigeon this
week including not being able to get it out from
under my car so I could go to work. Silly bird.
Sadly our time together came to an end last
night. An enormous hawk swooped down
and grabbed it by the back, right on our front
lawn. Boone ran outside holding Abigail and
chased the hawk away. Then he put his medical
skills to use. We got the pigeon into our cat
carrier and Boone put peroxide on the wound.
Not knowing what to do I call Petco. They gave
me a number for the local wildlife refuge. I got
a hold of one of the volunteers and the rest you
could say is history. It is now at home with
another injured pigeon and a flock of chickens.


2 comments:
awww... just think that poor hawlk went with out dinner last night. ;)
We figured that we could've let nature take it's course but we'd grown attached to our pigeon friend and felt bad for it.
Post a Comment